A Preamp and Power Amp combo in the same chassis
- Permalloy Output Transformer for maximum signal coupling
- Volume control with High Gain Input stage
(250mV sensitivity) No preamp required
- 6550 high power tube used as Triode for excellent sounds
- 6SN7 dual gain driver stages
- 4/8/16 Ohm output impedance selector
- Awarded 2005 “Best tube Amp” by Hong Kong’s Hi Fi Review$750 each($1500 for the pair)
Introductory special offer: $490 each.($980 for the Pair)
Monarchy Audio is offering one pair of upgraded DA08-6550
with a higher power transformer. The price is still $490 each.
A standard Russian made Sovtek 6550 is installed. But users can
use a KT88, KT90, or even KT120 as substitutes.
With the use of the KT-90, the output will be about 10 Watts.
With the use of the KT-120, the output will be approximately 14 watts.
(The KT-120 is actually a very high power output pentode that can yield
120 watts in a Push-pull arrangement. But the tube is configured as a
Triode in the DA-08 for Pure Class A output.