Sound-Lab A-1+ Electrostatic Loudspeaker
Absolutely Mint Sound Lab A-1+ Electro-StaticSspeakers
- Very big and heavy (about 200 lbs each)
- Exquisite Sound Quality hardly ever used (just displayed in one of Monarchy Audio's sound rooms)
- Upgraded with A1+ high performance Interface plate (Dick Olsher's review pair was A1, not A1+)
- Upgraded pair has Walnut hard wood
Here is a Stereophile Review of the Sound-Lab A-1+ Electrostatic Loudspeaker (PDF)
Cash & Carry $8,800 similar to the newer version A-1PX , retail $31,100
Audition at Monarchy Audio's sound room by appointment.
- Description: Full-range, transformer-coupled, electrostatic loudspeaker.
- Frequency range: 28Hz to beyond 20kHz. Nominal impedance: 8 ohms.
- Sensitivity: equivalent to 88dB/1W/1m at 4m. Minimum amplifier power: 100W.
- Maximum music power: 450W. Bias power-supply input: 117/220 VAC, 50/60Hz.
- Dimensions: 81.24" H by 35.5" W by 10.5" D (panel), 25" D (base).
- Weight: 185 lbs each.
- Price: $10,950/pair in standard wood finish (1992).
- Accessories: "Acoustic Wave Delay Panels" (wings), $1242/set of 4 in oak, $1566/set of 4 in walnut; "SALLIE" BWA-1 Back Wave Attenuator, $1000/pair.
- Approximate number of dealers: 32.
- Warranty: 3 years on electrostatic panels, 1 year on electronic interface.
- Manufacturer: Sound-Lab Corporation, Park City, UT 84060 (1992);153 N 400 W Street, Gunnison, UT 84634 (2013). Tel: (453) 528-7218.
- Web: www.soundlab-speakers.com
A1+ PX Specs (PDF)
Sound-Lab A-1 Electrostatic Loudspeaker